4-day SCME Pressure Sensor Cleanroom Workshop
The University of South Florida
in collaboration with
The Southwest Center for Microsystems Education
This workshop at USF is by invitation only
The purpose of this workshop is to provide an opportunity to learn how to integrate Microsystems Technology into STEM curriculum. You will learn how to use select SCME’s kits in the classroom and be provided hands-on experience on the process steps for fabricating a MEMS micro-pressure sensor at the University of South Florida's Nanotechnology Research Education Center located in Tampa, Florida. The SCME is sponsoring this event and has completed the technology transfer to USF. The SCME has now established the pressure sensor workshop at three locations across the nation, University of New Mexico's MTTC, North Dakota State College of Science's CNTT and now USF's NREC.
Direct Links to the learning modules, italicized components indicate kits.
To see a complete set of these Learning Modules - create an account on this website - login and go to the Educational Materials link. Logging in allows you to access not only the student (participant) materials but also the instructor guides, presentations and the like. One item of note is the: Pressure Sensor Fabrication Module. Others include:
- Crystallography Learning Module includes the Silicon Crystal Origami, Breaking Wafers and Miller Index activities within the Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, Overview Presentation, Crystal Silicon Origami Supplement Animation, it is a zipped file so you need to download it, unzip it and then select the .html file to run it.
- The Pressure Sensor Process Learning Module Instructor and Participant guides also include the Process and Lift-off Kits (activities). There is a zip file for the Pressure Sensor Process Presentation you can download and un-zip. There is also an animation which goes through the process as a supplement - it is a zip file and contains additional files to support the animation. Download, unzip and you will see an html file, pdf and presentation files: MEMS Model AC
- Both the, Rainbow Wafer and Anisotropic Etch Kits (Activities) are found in the Etch Overview for Microsystems Learning Module Instructor Guide and Participant Guide. This section also includes the Etch Overview Powerpoint and the Rainbow Wafer Activity presentation.
- The Pressure Sensor Macro Model is part of the Wheatstone Bridge Learning Module Instructor and Participant guide. The Wheatstone Bridge Presentation supports this as well as several additional animations - to be uploaded to the website soon.
- What we often refer to as our DVD Kit: MEMS: Making Micro Machines DVD Learning Module Instructor and Participant guides include three activities for each of the three parts of the film as well as the script.
- MEMS Innovators - We refer you to the "MEMS Innovators" category in our document management system. We only cover this in the 5-day workshops, however, you may wish to also consider this for your students.
Click on our YouTube Chanel link! There are animations/videos explaining many of the concepts you will learn in this workshop.
You may wish to veiw additional, detailed information on all our kits, click on: Kit Listing
USF and NREC Parking Information