We had a very productive IAB meeting in March 2012. This was a great group of industry representatives who provide us with excellent input. Here we provide you with an executive summary of what transpired.
Crystallography Workshop - Oklahoma 2012 Career Tech - Summer Conference - STEM Division Friday, August 3
Presentor: Matthias W. Pleil, SCME PI
This workshop will provide you, the STEM educator, with a hands-on approach to teaching crystallorgraphy and you will be equipped to teach how it applies to the making of your students' hign tech electronic gadgets and a future career in the Microsystems industry! Each participant will interact with three classroom activities and be provided with a set of materials and resources including instrutor and student guides, animations and hands-on classroom materials. You and your student will never look at a crystal in the same way!
Participants are encouraged to create an account on the SCME website and log in to get access to all our instructor educational materials.
Newsflash: SCME now has a YouTube Channel - check out our animations and short lectures - we will be adding to this selection - use them to learn more about Microsystems applications and fabrication! http://www.youtube.com/user/SCME2012
Don't forget to Subscribe!
Workshop - Hands-on Introduction to Nanoscience and Nanotechnolgy for STEM Teachers
- What is the difference between Nanoscience and Nanotech and why should you care?
- Surface Treatments – Hydrophobic systems and what they are used for
- Surface to Volume Ratio Activity – Reaction rate, materials and money
- Rainbow Wafers – measuring very thin films with your eye
- Discussion on applying these activities in your STEM classroom
- What kinds of jobs use Nanotechnology? Show your students a great technical career choice.