News flash: Flexible electronics are one of the keys to going forward in BioMEMS. The two related articles discusses how this is being approached. These attach to bio surfaces (heart, skin...)
Make sure you download and watch the video on the NSF site.
Presentations given at Conference Workshops in 2012
This category includes the following safety related Learning Modules.
- Hazardous Materials I and II
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Interpreting Chemical Labels
- Chemical Lab Safety Rules
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
All Participants Guides are available to the general public.Â The Instructor Guides and supporting presentations are available to registered users.
This Category includes the following MEMS Applications Learning Modules for download to registered users.Â There are some sample materials available for non-registered users.
- MEMS Applications
- MEM Cantilevers
Check out what learning modules are available through SCME. This folder contains a list of all of the SCME Learning Modules.
SCME also provides classroom kits that support specific concepts introduced in select Learning Modules. To see what kits are available, visit SCME Kit Activities - Kits for the Classroom.
ALL of the Learning Module Participant Guides (Student guides) are available to the general public. Therefore, instructors can have their students download any of these learning modules without a SCME registration requirement.
Instructors - To access the Learning Module Instructor guides and related presentations and animations, become a registered user today! Set up your account (free) on the home page! SCME will verify your registration information and approve your registration as quickly as possible.
This Category includes the following BioMEMS Learning Modules.
- BioMEMS Overview (What are BioMEMS?)
- BioMEMS Applications Overview
- Biological Concepts Learning Module Series(DNA, DNA to Protein, Cells, Biomolecular Applications for bioMEMS)
- Therapeutic BioMEMS
- Diagnostic BioMEMS
- Clinical Laboratory Techniques and MEMS
- Regulation of BioMEMS
- MEMS for Environmental and Bioterrorism Applications
- DNA Microarrays
All Participant Guides (Student guides) are available to the general public.Â To download the Instructor Guides and supporting presentations and animations, you must be a registered user of this website.
This Category includes the following Introductory Topics in MEMS and Microsystems for download to registered users.Â There are some sample materials available for non-registered users.
- Comparison of Scale:Â Macro, Micro, Nano
- Units of Weights and Measures
- History of MEMS
- Introduction to Transducers
- Introduction to Sensors
- Introduction to Actuators
- Wheatstone Bridge
This Category includes the following MEMS Fabrication Learning Modules for download to registered users.Â There are some sample materials available for non-registered users.
- Crystallography Overview for MEMS
- Deposition Overview
- Photolithography Overview
- Etch Ovewview
- MTTC Pressure Sensor Process
- MEMS Micromachining Overview
This category contains information about the SCME kits that are available to instructors who are planning to incorporate MEMS Technology into their classroom and are looking for exciting, thought-provoking activities.
- Anisotropic Etch Activity and Kit
- Crystallography Activities and Kits
- GeneChip Model Activity and Kit (available Fall, 2011)
- Dynamic Cantilever Activity and Kit
- Lift-Off Activity and Kit
- LIGA Micromachining Activities and Kit (available Fall, 2011)
- MEMS: Making Micro Machines DVD Kit
- MEMS Innovators Activity and Kit
- Pressure Sensor Model Activity Kit
- Pressure Sensor Process Activity and Kit
- Rainbow Wafer Activity and Kit
To order a kit, please complete the SCME Kit Order Form.
Files may not download with Internet Explorer use Mozilla Firefox browser (free).
This Category includes documents produced by the SCME at the request of the National Science Foundation.