Have you ever wondered where the term "MEMS" came from?
Read J.E. Wood's account:
See a map of who's downloading (last updated 7/11/16)
Check out what learning modules are available through SCME. This folder contains a list of all of the SCME Learning Modules.
Please help us help you!
Attention, SCME needs your help!
If you are downloading educational materials from our website or have downloaded anything from here in the past, we would like your help to improve our offerings. Please take just 3 minutes of your time to help SCME by filling out this short survey. We would like to know how we have impacted your classrooms and how we can better help you in the future! All responses are confidential.
TAKE THE SURVEY NOW https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2016SCMEImpact
Thank you for your time. If you have any questions or comments about the survey, please contact Matt Pleil or Barbara Lopez:
SCME also provides classroom kits that support specific concepts introduced in select Learning Modules. To see what kits are available, visit SCME Kit Activities - Kits for the Classroom.
ALL of the Learning Module Participant Guides (Student guides) are available to the general public. Therefore, instructors can have their students download any of these learning modules without a SCME registration requirement.
Instructors - To access the Learning Module Instructor guides and related presentations and animations, become a registered user today! Set up your account (free) on the home page! SCME will verify your registration information and approve your registration as quickly as possible.
This Category includes the following MEMS Applications Learning Modules for download to registered users. There are some sample materials available for non-registered users.
NOTE: The Microcantilever Model Kit supports and activity in the MEMS Cantilevers Learning Module
This Category includes the following Introductory Topics in MEMS and Microsystems for download to registered users. There are some sample materials available for non-registered users.
NOTE: The Pressure Sensor Model Kit supports an activity in the Wheatstone Bridge Learning Module.
This Category includes the following BioMEMS Learning Modules.
NOTE: The DNA Microarray Model Kit (formerly GeneChip Model Kit) is an activity in the DNA Microarray Learning Module.
- BioMEMS Overview (What are BioMEMS?)
- BioMEMS Applications Overview
- Biological Concepts Learning Module Series(DNA, DNA to Protein, Cells, Biomolecular Applications for bioMEMS)
- DNA Microarrays (DNA Microarray Model Kit)
- Therapeutic BioMEMS
- Diagnostic BioMEMS
- Clinical Laboratory Techniques and Microtechnology
- Regulation of BioMEMS
- MEMS for Environmental and Bioterrorism Application
All Participant Guides (Student guides) are available to the general public. To download the Instructor Guides and supporting presentations and animations, you must be a registered user of this website.
This Category includes the following MEMS Fabrication Learning Modules for download to registered users. There are some sample materials available for non-registered users.
- Crystallography Overview for MEMS (Crystallography Kit)
- Deposition Overview for Microsystems (Science of Thin Films Kit (formerly Rainbow Wafer))
- Photolithography Overview
- Etch Overview (Bulk Micromachining - An Etch Process Kit (formerly Anisotropic Etch))
- MTTC Pressure Sensor Process (Surface Micromachining Lift-off Kit, Bulk Micromachining An Etch Process Kit, and Micro Pressure Sensor Process Kit)
- MEMS Micromachining Overview (LIGA Micromachining - Lithography & Electroplaing Kit)
- LIGA Micromachining Activities
- A Systematic Approach to Problem Solving NEW!
- Learning Microsystems through Problem Solving Kit (MEMS Innovators Activity and Kit)
This category includes the following safety related Learning Modules.
- Hazardous Materials I and II
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Interpreting Chemical Labels
- Chemical Lab Safety Rules
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
All Participants Guides are available to the general public. The Instructor Guides and supporting presentations are available to registered users.
This category contains information about the SCME kits that are available to instructors who are planning to incorporate MEMS Technology into their classroom and are looking for exciting, thought-provoking activities.
- Bulk Micromachining - An Etch Process Activity and Kit (formerly Anisotropic Etch)
- Crystallography Activities and Kits
- DNA Microarray Model Activity and Kit (formerly GeneChip Model)
- Microcantilever Model Activity and Kit (formerly Dynamic Cantilever)
- Surface Micromachining-Lift-Off Activity and Kit (formerly Lift-off Kit)
- LIGA Micromachining -Lithography & Electroplating Activities and Kit
- MEMS: Making Micro Machines DVD Kit
- Learning Microsystems through Problem Solving Activity and Kit (formerly MEMS Innovators)
- Modeling a Micro Pressure Sensor Activity Kit (formerly Pressure Sensor Model Kit)
- Micro Pressure Sensor Process Activity and Kit
- Science of Thin Films Activity and Kit (formerly Rainbow Wafer)
To order a kit using a credit card, visit the Kit Store.
To order a kit using a Purchase Order, contact Anna Garden (email@example.com).
Files may not download with Internet Explorer use Mozilla Firefox browser (free).
This category contains the learning module NanoTechnology: The World Beyond Micro. This learning module is a group of activities that support the film Nanotechnology: The World Beyond Micro, produced by Silicon Run Productions.
Presentations given at Conference Workshops in 2012
This Category includes documents produced by the SCME at the request of the National Science Foundation.